Aarohan believes that women empowerment is of prime importance in today’s society and therefore is a crucial agenda in programmatic interventions of Aarohan.
The approach is to expand their independency in life; promoting sensitization on social issues, awareness on gender and women rights, functional and financial literacy and skill training. The objectives are:
- To encourage women to value their children’s education by sending them to schools.
- Awareness concerning important hygienic practices and healthy living.
- Legal awareness among the women for securing their rights and privileges.
- Workshops for improving decision making skills and enable them to become self reliant.
- Awareness about Government’s welfare schemes and policy making.
- Able to read and understand important documents, able to fill forms.
- Awareness to serve the purpose of creating livelihood opportunities through skill training.