Aarohan is a non-governmental organization registered in 2005 under the Society Registration Act, 1860 of India. The Head Office is located in Malviya Nagar, South Delhi- which serves as epicenter of its programs and activities.
AAROHAN is mainly working in the area of education for underprivileged children of the society, women and other community members living in difficult circumstances, also with rural/tribal areas and transgender community.
Our support is Holistic in nature from early childhood to livelihood. Mainly our programmes are on Education,Nutrition, Health, Skill training (Digital Literacy for women and youth. Other co-curricular activities are advocacy and awareness on gender equality, health and hygiene. The organization’s approach is different in the sense it takes upon the parental responsibilities. It strives to provide support to the needs to complete the education. Mother's literacy and empowerment (social, economic and financial) is critical to educating a child. Community sensitization and soliciting its cooperation is integral part of the program interventions.
|"Empowered children through exercise of Rights - Education, Health and dignified livelihood"|
|Provide comprehensive education, health care, skill training, empowerment support for holistic support of less-privileged children to become responsible adults and leaders of tomorrow.|
• Bringing children from street to school – providing education to children starting from their formative years and mainstreaming to formal schooling, bridge education to school drop outs and enabling them to complete school education, supplementary remedial education to school-going children enabling them to cope up with academic standards and complete schooling.
• Providing skill training to adolescent children having completed schooling and facilitating gainful employment- bringing in improvement in quality of life of the family and ensuring education of their younger siblings.
• Empowering mothers through awareness building, functional literacy, skill training for income-generation – bringing in improvement in quality of life of the family and ensuring continuation of their children’s education
|ACTIVITIES IN SPECIFICS|
• Preparing out- of- school children for formal schooling, remedial education support to school-going- children to enhance academic performance and contain drop out.
• Imparting skill training to adolescent children having completed school education.
• Empowering mothers through imparting functional literacy, gender sensitization and skill training and soliciting support.
• Sensitization of community on child rights and education; gender issues; health, hygiene and sanitation.
• Sensitizing student volunteers on social issues and soliciting volunteer’s support for value addition.
• Soliciting partnership with corporate and donor institutions for collaborative interventions
|A FEW MILESTONES|